Madison to Brookfield, WI

July 23, 2015

We had to set the alarm again so we could be on the road by 8:30. Anned asked us if we could be to her house by 10:00 so we could watch Izzy while Anne had dance practice and James had an appointment to go to. We were happy to do it. At the campground, we were packed up, had the tanks pumped out, and were on the road at 8:34. It was a gorgeous day–not one cloud in the sky. The sun was shining and the temp was a pleasant 77 degrees. The traffice to Anne’s house was light and we made it with a few minutes to spare. Izzy was waiting for us in the window. We parked the trailer in Anne’s driveway like we had done last year. It worked out really nicely.

Anne left soon after to go to her practice. James was gone a few minutes later for his meeting. I got some wash started in the basement and then we visited with Izzy (3 1/2) and Kaya (11).

They both wanted a tour of the new trailer and thought it was pretty cool to have a fireplace inside. Inside, Auggie explored around the house, but didn’t get too near their two dogs, Rosie and Olive.

Izzy and I played in her princess castle. There was room enough for both of us and Auggie, too. (My what big feet I have!)

After awhile Grandpa Bob, Izzy, Kaya, Auggie, and I took a long walk around the block. When we got back, Grandpa Bob made macaroni and cheese for Kaya and Izzy for lunch. They ate it all up. James came home from his meeting and did some work for his clients. Olive made herself comfortable on Bob’s lap.

The mail came and Izzy got a movie from Netflix, Mr. Peabody and Sherman, so we sat down to watch it.

Soon Anne came home. I continued to do the wash for most of the afternoon. Around 4:30, we got ready to go to dinner at Belle Aire, a Mexican restaurant in East Wauwatosa.

Anne ordered Mexican roasted corn on a stick for the kids and they loved it. Izzy ate two, even three at one time. It was very tasty! The tacos were good too.

On our way home, we drove past the first house Bob and I owned in Milwaukee when we were first married. It looked pretty good from what you could see behind the trees.

We stopped for ice cream in Wauwatosa and walked onto the footbridge to see what we could see in the water below.

Izzy wanted her picture taken before we left the bridge. So here she is!

We got home about 6:00 and took a walk around the block. The blocks where Anne and James live are huge so it took quite awhile to make it all the way around. We were back at the house about 6:45 and decided to chill out after a long day. We had gotten up early and were pretty wiped out. We said goodnight to everyone and headed into the trailer for the night.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *