Lake Worth, FL Day 2

Sometime during the night, I heard a high-pitched pop and woke Bob up. We didn’t hear it again so we went back to sleep. Around 5 AM, we heard a sound above our heads on the roof of the trailer. We also saw a dark shadow through our skylight. We had raccoons on the roof! Bob gave the roof a couple of loud taps and the noise stopped. I looked out of the window and saw nothing, but I found the flashlight just in case Bob had to go outside and chase them away. After awhile, they seemed to be gone. Bob turned on the light in the trailer and we both saw what had made the high-pitched pop. A round decorator light bulb had fallen out of its socket from a bank of 3 lights in the bathroom and had broken into bits on the floor. Good thing neither of us had tried to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. We would have cut our feet on the glass. After cleaning it up, we tried to go back to sleep, but to no avail. We eventually got up around 6:30 and got on with our day. The cold front that had moved through the area last night brought sunny skies, cooler temps, and less humidity. It was quite breezy so we had to retract the awning so it wouldn’t flap in the wind and rock the trailer. After giving Auggie his morning walk, we got ready to take a drive south along the coast to the beach. We stopped at the campground office to pay for another day and Bob asked about raccoon problems in the park. She told Bob it might have been a monkey. A MONKEY?

 She said that after a few big storms last year, some exotic animals escaped from people in the area. Someone who was camping here in March, swore that she saw a monkey in the trees. Hmmmmm! We’ll have to keep our eyes peeled for that monkey! We left the campground and headed south down the coast. Our route took us through Boynton Beach–“the gateway to the Gulf Stream” and over the Intercoastal Waterway.
That brought us into the town of Ocean Ridge.

We came across this building that had no signs, but we surmised it must have been a private school. How impressive!

The drive along the shore took us down a road where the trees created an arch above us. 

We pulled into the Ocean Inlet Park and walked across the street to the beach. 

To our surprise and enjoyment, we chose a spot on the beach where we could watch the surfers who were catching the waves.

 They were using small boards, taking a running start from the beach catching a wave, and riding it back onto the beach. They were amazing and in such great shape!!!

There were quite a few people enjoying the day on the beach today.

From our vantage point, we could watch the surfers as well as the boats coming and going through the inlet. Charter fishing boats were taking clients out today even though it was quite rough.

It calmed off a little in the afternoon, but that didn’t keep the surfers away. 

We got back to our campsite around 3:00 and enjoyed sitting outside by the lake with Auggie. After dinner, we took our nightly walk and checked out all the campers that had checked in today while we were gone. We’ll spend another day here and check out West Palm Beach tomorrow.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *